Why become a member?
You are encouraged to join the Society to promote international exchanges, worldwide representation, and stimulating research and debate.
As a member of the Hydrocephalus Society, you will be part of a Society that supports an environment which ensures ethical, high-quality care for patients with hydrocephalus in both the developed and developing worlds by advancing public education and awareness.
As a member you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Abstracts of Hydrocephalus Meetings
- Members’ directory
- Accesss to the “only-members corner”
- Quarterly scientific “Hydrocephalus Society Newsletter”
- Video minutes of Hydrocephalus Meetings
- 15% Discount for Publications at Fluids & Barriers of the CNS journal
- Special Discount for the Annual Hydrocephalus Meeting
- Right to participate in the General Assembly of the Society
- Global networking
- The chance to meet our Board Members, exchange ideas and participate on a series of activities of the Society
- The chance to invite the Hydrocephalus meeting in your respective country
Hydrocephalus Society was inaugurated in September 2008 and registered as a nonprofit organization in December of the same year. From the beginning, its mission has been to advance the art and science of the field of clinical care and research in hydrocephalus and CSF disorders, and thereby promote the best possible care for patients with these disorders. You are encouraged to join the Society to promote international exchanges, worldwide representation, and stimulating research and debate. Our successful meetings took place in Hannover, Germany, in 2008, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, in 2009, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, in 2010, Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2011, Kyoto, Japan in 2012, Athens, Greece, in 2013, Bristol, England, in 2014, Banff, Canada, in 2015, Cartagena, Colombia, in 2016, Kobe, Japan, in 2017, Bologna, Italy, in 2018 and Vancouver, Canada 2019. Due to COVID-19, the 2021 Annual Meeting will be held Virtually! The 2022 Meeting will take place in Gothenburg, Sweden, 2023 in Hamburg, Germany and 2024 in Nagoya, Japan!